Please note, UMC UK LTD was acquired by Sharp Corporation. During the transition, any transactions or correspondence with us may be from either UMC UK LTD or Sharp Consumer Electronics UK LTD.
Sky, Sky+, Sky HD Remote Control Codes for Advent, Akai, Alba, Blaupunkt, Bush, e-motion, Eternity, Ferguson, Goodmans, Hitachi, JMB, Logik, Logix, Microspot, Orion, Sharp, Swisstec, TEAC, Technika, Tesco, Tevion, UMC, Vision Plus, Visual Innovations and Watson TV's
Using a Sky / Sky+ / Sky HD Remote Control
If you wish to use your Sky remote control to operate the basic functions of your Television, you need to programme a 4 digit code into your Sky, Sky+ or Sky HD remote control.
Please note that the codes we have will only be accepted if the Sky remote control is a Revision 9F (launched in August 2010 for new Sky HD installations) or later.
Please note Sky no longer support the old style 'blue' Sky remotes and therefore we do not have the codes for those types of remote control. If you have a 'One For All' branded Sky remote control, please use the codes we have listed for Universal remote controls. (not all One for All Sky remotes will accept these codes depending on when the remote control was manufactured)
To find out which version of Sky remote you have, remove the battery cover, you should see a sticker showing the 'Rev' number.
- Remove the battery cover
- Either on the battery cover itself or below the batteries, you will see a label with various numbers/letters on it.
- At the end of the code, you will see the Sky Rev. number. (for example if it shows Sky Rev.8 or similar, this is a revision 8, if it says Sky Rev.9F, this is a revision 9F. Revision 9F is required in most cases)
If your Sky remote is Rev 8 or earlier, you will need to purchase a new Sky Remote control in order to operate the TV's functions.
How to programme your Sky Remote control.
- Press TV
- Press and hold the 'Red' button and 'Select' at the same time. (the Red indicator light at the top of the Sky remote will flash twice)
- Enter the 4 digit code for your make/model of TV (select your brand of TV below for the latest code information).
- The red indicator light should flash twice to confirm the code is accepted. If it does not, you do not have a Revision 9F
- Press 'select' again to store the code.
- The Sky remote will now operate the TV. (On some functions, you may need to press 'TV' to put the remote into 'TV mode')
If your Sky revision 9F remote control does not accept the code we have listed, its due to one of 3 reasons.
- Its faulty
- You are not programming it correctly.
- Its counterfeit. (Please note their are a lot of counterfeit Sky remote controls claiming to be genuine on some of the auction or market place stores - please refer back to the place where you purchased it from if it will not accept the code and you are sure you are doing it correctly)